Skip to content

Benji’s blog yippeee 7 days to Christmas!

It's Christmas

Benji’s blog Friday 18th December

Yippeee it’s exactly a week to go till Santa-Pet comes down the warm crackly glowy thing near where I sit (humans call it a chimney and Mum says she won’t light it on Christmas Eve).

STOP!  Mum said “Benjamin!  you have a been a naughty pickle this week and Santa-Pet may not come and see you!” Honestly it wasn’t my fault…

(a)    The foxy perfume I found was such a lovely smell – Mum said no

(b)    The Christmas card looked much better without the thin paper stuck to it – Mum says no

(c)     Santa-Pet shouldn’t drop my squeaky sprout toy off early – Mum says no

It could have been worse she said, I might have eaten something I shouldn’t and had to be rushed into see our vet Auntie Sophie.  So here’s how to get a visit from Santa-Pet and avoid the vets at Christmas!

(1)    Flowers – don’t eat anything, but a bit of grass is ok.

(2)    Food – don’t scavenge or scrounge and defo don’t eat mince pies or chocolate.

(3)    Decorations – don’t eat the shiny balls on the tree, or the sparkly string.

Mum’s says there’s more detail on our website….

Stay safe.  Oodles of love

 

Benji x

Here’s just a few things we all need to be aware of:

PLANTS

  • Poinsettia are poisonous for many pets and can cause a serious upset stomach.
  • Mistletoe can cause drooling, retching and vomiting.
  • Holly and ivy can cause serious problems for cats and dogs and can be fatal for rabbits.

FOOD

  • Mince pies, Christmas cake, Panettone these all contain raisins, sultanas and dates which are highly toxic to pets. They can even be fatal.
  • ChocolateChocolate is really poisonous to dogs. It causes sickness, fits and can be deadly.
  • Stuffing and gravy usually contain onions and garlic, which can be deadly to cats and dogs.
  • Alcoho can cause serious problems for pets. Also avoid giving them any foods that might contain alcohol.
  • Leftover bones. Cooked bones can easily splinter when they’re chewed on and the splinters can damage your pet’s throat or stomach. Smaller bones can cause blockages if they’re swallowed whole.

DECORATIONS & TOYS

  • Dangling baubles, tantalising tinsel and flashing fairy lights it’s easy for pets to accidentally swallow smaller decorations if they pick them up.
  • Batteries can be swallowed by pets which cause serious internal burns.
  • Wrapping paper and ribbons can also be a choking hazard for cats and dogs, especially as they’re very tempting to play with.
  • Children’s toys can cause injuries if pets chew on them.

 

Continue reading...